Become a Donor
- Why You Should Become a Donor
Organ and tissue transplantation provide a second chance for thousands of people each year. You have the opportunity to help make these miracles happen, and it’s as simple as clicking on the link below.
By deciding to be a donor, you are providing hope for the thousands of men, women and children awaiting organ transplants and for the millions of people whose lives could be enhanced through tissue transplants. It’s the greatest gift you can give — the gift of life.
Use the register here lnk to register as an organ, tissue, and eye donor.
Safeguarding Your Wishes
The most important thing to do is to register as an organ and tissue donor at TNNOD.org. Once you’ve completed that step, TNNOD recommends that you also do the following to make sure your wishes are known and honored:
- Designate on your driver’s license that you wish to be a donor.
- Tell your family and close friends about your decision and how much it means to you to be an organ donor. By discussing it now, you have a chance to work through any fears or objections they may have about donation.
- Tell your physician and/or faith leader.
- Add your decision to be an organ donor to your advance directives, will and living will.